This winery produces high-quality, affordably priced varietal wines. Today, it represents more than 27 brands in the United States and Australia.
Reliance on Excel workbooks made it difficult for this winery to plan and manage sales and production.
- Multiple versions of disparate Excel workbooks were managed by different departments in the company to produce and maintain sales and production plans.
- Product list and hierarchy updates were generally not coordinated, and differences existed between related plans.
- Synchronization of plans required hours of data manipulation. Excel worksheet changes occasionally resulted in calculation errors.
- Changes by management in assumptions, volumes, and attributes (e.g. production line assignments and capacities) required time-consuming reworks of Excel workbooks and plans that took days to complete.
- Planning cycle time took days.
- Planning version control was impossible.
Senturus implemented a centralized, consolidated planning application that utilized data from web-based contributors and linked sales and production plans.
- Case unit planning is possible for selected, non-vintage products and distributors.
- Vintage-specific bottling production plans are established within production line capacities.
- ERP system part numbers are automatically mapped to planned products.
- ERP customer sales are automatically mapped to the distributors as appropriate.
- Historical patterns are used to produce future plans.
Management can now easily and quickly evaluate and implement decisions that impact production and sales. For example, the winery may decide to:
- Add a shift to a particular production line and evaluate the impact in the current plan version.
- Change the production line assignments for specific products and re-evaluate.
- Change the timing and volume of the sales plan and see how doing so impacts the bottling (production) plan.
- Add new products, assign them to a production line, and change the product roll-up structure; then enter a sales plan for the new products and evaluate.
- Change the yield formula (e.g. gallons to 9-liter equivalent cases) for selected products and rerun the wine run-out calculations.
Changes by management are quickly factored into plans. Updates are completed within minutes instead of days.