This self-paced course is suited for Cognos self-service users who need to perform data modeling (data blending) to create interactive visual displays and dashboards. Topics focus on uploading local files for analysis, linking local files and packages with data modules and using data modeling and creating joins and calculations.
The course includes video how-to demos and practice drills.
APPLICABLE COGNOS VERSIONS
Cognos Analytics 11.0.x and 11.1.x
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
Certified ADA Section 508 compliant
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
- 24/7 access to the class
- Downloadable course manual that may be kept for future reference
- Documentation on how to access and navigate the e-learning interface
- Supplemental files and data sets, where applicable
30-day subscription: $99
90-day subscription: $129
6-month subscription: $149
Cost is per person. Subscriptions may not be shared. The subscription begins the day after purchase.
Upload local files for analysis
- Overview dashboarding and data modules in Cognos Analytics
- Use local files for analysis and visualization
- Upload a Microsoft Excel worksheet
Link local files and packages with data modules
- Create a data module combining a spreadsheet and a package
- Understand and create joins
Fundamentals of data modeling
- Review fundamental data modeling concepts
- Describe the different options for cardinality
- Understand the benefit of a join filter
Create joins, calculations and custom data groupings
- Review join relationships and insure proper aggregation
- Create a custom calculation
- Create a custom group
Create dashboards using layout and type
- Create a dashboard from data modules
- Use layout and a template
Create and customize visualizations from your data sources
- Drag data onto the dashboard
- Customize visualizations
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Student(s) will receive an email with details on how to access the online classroom approximately 1-2 business days after payment.
- The course materials are copyrighted and any reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
- Students will need access to a compatible Cognos Analytics environment with the standard sample data sources and packages deployed to complete the exercises.
- Students will need the appropriate permissions to access sources, packages, reports, data files and relevant capabilities in these environments.
Cancel any time within 24 hours of registration for a full refund. There is a $15 fee for cancellation after 24 hours of registration. No cancellation after 15 days. Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued.