This self-paced learning course is is suited for self-service consumers and others interested in learning how to perform light data modeling (data blending) and produce interactive visual displays and dashboards. Exercises are designed to be light and provide a basic proficiency with the relevant tools (not mastery).
APPLICABLE COGNOS VERSIONS
Exercises in this self-paced learning course are based on Cognos Analytics release 7 (11.0.7). There will be no significant user interface differences between this release and subsequent releases of CA 11.0 (through release 13). Students will be able to complete all exercises as scripted in any compatible release through v13.
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
Certified ADA Section 508 compliant
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
Self-paced learning courses are available online 24/7. Included are a course manual that can be downloaded and kept for future reference; how-to documentation on accessing and navigating the CBT interface; supplemental files when applicable.
30-day access: $49
90-day access: $79
6-month access: $99
Cost is per person. Subscriptions may not be shared. Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued.
Upload Local Files for Analysis
- Overview dashboarding and data modules in Cognos Analytics
- Use local files for analysis and visualization
- Upload a Microsoft Excel worksheet
Link Local Files and Packages with Data Modules
- Create a data module combining a spreadsheet and a package
- Understand and create joins
Fundamentals of Data Modeling
- Review fundamental data modeling concepts
- Describe the different options for cardinality
- Understand the benefit of a join filter
Create Joins, Calculations and Custom Data Groupings
- Review join relationships and insure proper aggregation
- Create a custom calculation
- Create a custom group
Create Dashboards Using Layout and Type
- Create a dashboard from data module
- Use layout and a template
Create and Customize Visualizations from Your Data Sources
- Drag data onto the dashboard
- Customize visualizations
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Student(s) will receive an email with details on how to access the online classroom approximately 1-2 business days after payment.
- The course materials are copyrighted and any reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
- Students will need access to a compatible Cognos Analytics environment with the standard sample data sources and packages deployed to complete the exercises.
- Students will need the appropriate permissions to access sources, packages, reports, data files and relevant capabilities in these environments.
Cancel any time within 24 hours of registration for a full refund. There is a $15 fee for cancellation after 24 hours of registration. No cancellation after 15 days.