In this self-paced course, students will experience the entire process of creating and publishing reports in Power BI: import data, modify and transform the data to enhance reporting, create a data model, and build impactful visualizations and reports to convey insights about the data.
This course includes video how-to demos and practice drills.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Works with all versions. We recommend December 2019 release or later.
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
CERTIFIED ADA SECTION 508 COMPLIANT
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
- 24/7 access to the class
- Downloadable course manual that may be kept for future reference
- Documentation on how to access and navigate the e-learning interface
- Supplemental files and data sets, where applicable
30-day subscription: $49
90-day subscription: $79
6-month subscription: $99
Cost is per person. Subscriptions may not be shared. The subscription begins the day after purchase.
- Understanding the Power BI toolset
- Get data
- Import data from:
- On-premises sources
- Cloud sources
- Use Direct Query to connect to data sources
- Transform data with Power BI Query Editor
- Design and build the data model in Power BI Desktop
- Design a data model
- Create hierarchies
- Build calculations and get to know DAX
- Calculated columns
- Author reports
- Create visualizations
- Build reports from visualizations
- Go beyond the basics with intermediate design methods
- Collaborate and share
- Publish reports to PowerBI.com
- Assemble dashboards from reports
- Refresh data in deployed reports and dashboards
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Student(s) will receive an email with details on how to access the online classroom approximately 1-2 business days after payment.
- The course materials are copyrighted and any reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
- Students will need Power BI desktop installed on their computer and an internet connection.
Cancel any time within 24 hours of registration for a full refund. There is a $15 fee for cancellation after 24 hours of registration. No cancellation after 15 days. Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued.