Intermediate Data Visualization and Dashboarding with Tableau Desktop is designed for students who are self-taught and just knowledgeable enough to be dangerous or have taken the Senturus Tableau Fundamentals training class. This recorded course will deliver the knowledge necessary to truly enhance analytics capabilities and harness the power of the Tableau solution.
APPLICABLE TABLEAU VERSIONS
Hands-on learning exercises in this course will be completed on Tableau Desktop 2019; however, nearly all techniques are also relevant to all versions of Tableau Desktop 2018 and 10, except where noted throughout the course.
Consumers of business analytics information and business analysts who have completed the Senturus Tableau Fundamentals course or have a self-taught knowledge of the fundamentals.
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
3-6 hours including time for hands-on learning exercises
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
Self-paced learning courses are available online 24/7. Included are a course manual that can be downloaded and kept for future reference; how-to documentation on accessing and navigating the CBT interface; supplemental files when applicable.
30-day subscription: $99
90-day subscription: $129
6-month subscription: $149
Cost is per person. Subscriptions may not be shared. The subscription begins the day after purchase.
- Discuss aggregation
- Review and manage aggregation
- Create calculated fields
- Review the methods for creating calculations
- Work with the calculation editor and common syntax
- Create a complex calculation
- Use table calculations
- Filter with context filters
- Use the filter shelf
- Filter on dimensions
- Filter on measures
- Create context filters
- Make workbooks dynamic with parameters
- Use parameters to filter across sources
- Examine additional visualization types
- Packed Bubble
- Group data
- Create groups, sets, and bins of data
- Build a worksheet with multiple data sources
- Blend data in a workbook
- Join data sources
- Review when to use a data extract
- Understand available data sources
- Manage metadata
- Save our data source
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Student(s) will receive an email with details on how to access the online classroom approximately 1-2 business days after payment.
- The course materials are copyrighted and any reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
- Students will need access to a compatible Tableau Desktop environment with the standard sample data sources and packages deployed to complete the exercises.
- Students will need the appropriate permissions to access sources, packages, reports, data files and relevant capabilities in these environments.
Cancel any time within 24 hours of registration for a full refund. There is a $15 fee for cancellation after 24 hours of registration. No cancellation after 15 days. Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued.