This self-paced course is designed for students who have some experience with Tableau or have taken the Senturus Tableau Fundamentals class. The topics focus on creating calculated fields, filtering with context filters, making workbooks dynamic, grouping data and building a worksheet with multiple data sources.
The course includes video how-to demos and practice drills.
Learners already familiar with the topics in this course may want to consider our Advanced course instead.
APPLICABLE TABLEAU VERSIONS
Hands-on learning exercises in this course will be completed on Tableau Desktop 2019; however, nearly all techniques are also relevant to all versions of Tableau Desktop 2018 and 10, except where noted throughout the course.
Consumers of business analytics information and business analysts who have completed the Senturus Tableau Fundamentals course or have a self-taught knowledge of the fundamentals.
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
- 24/7 access to the class
- Downloadable course manual that may be kept for future reference
- Documentation on how to access and navigate the e-learning interface
- Supplemental files and data sets, where applicable
30-day subscription: $99
90-day subscription: $129
6-month subscription: $149
Cost is per person. Subscriptions may not be shared. The subscription begins the day after purchase.
- Review and manage aggregation
Create calculated fields
- Review the methods for creating calculations
- Work with the calculation editor and common syntax
- Create a complex calculation
- Use table calculations
Filter with context filters
- Use the filter shelf
- Filter on dimensions
- Filter on measures
- Create context filters
Make workbooks dynamic with parameters
- Use parameters to filter across sources
Examine additional visualization types
- Packed Bubble
- Create groups, sets, and bins of data
Build a worksheet with multiple data sources
- Blend data in a workbook
- Join data sources
Review when to use a data extract
- Understand available data sources
- Manage metadata
- Save our data source
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Student(s) will receive an email with details on how to access the online classroom approximately 1-2 business days after payment.
- The course materials are copyrighted and any reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
Students will need access to Tableau Desktop with the standard sample data sources and files to complete the exercises.
Cancel any time within 24 hours of registration for a full refund. There is a $15 fee for cancellation after 24 hours of registration. No cancellation after 15 days. Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued.