In this on-demand webinar, we get beyond the buzzwords and give you a better understanding of the cloud options for your business intelligence infrastructure. After explaining the cloud and its pros and cons, we dive deeper into Microsoft Azure and its broad collection of cloud services.
Get insight into
- The cloud in general and its relationship with business analytics
- Types of cloud offerings including infrastructure, platform and software
- Cloud vs. on-premise solutions: the pros and cons and total cost of ownership (TCO) between the two
- Microsoft’s implementation of cloud services offered under the Azure brand
- Demo of spinning up an Azure instance
Shawn is well-versed across the entire Microsoft BI stack and its wide range of offerings, having built ETL, data warehouse, reporting and analysis solutions from the ground up. In his various development and architecture roles, he often serves as the project manager and business analyst, partnering directly with the business to gather requirements and deliver insight.
Jim has over 25 years of experience delivering business analytics solutions for organizations of all sizes and business models. He recently developed an Azure solution for survey analytics for a start-up company in San Francisco using Tableau and Azure SQL Server.Read more
Azure and Business Intelligence, What Does the Pairing Mean?
- Before what is Azure?: what is the Cloud?
- Types of cloud offerings
- Why bother with the Cloud for BI?
- Scalability of on-premises vs the Cloud
- Sounds magical, why not use the Cloud?
- How can I get my hands on the Cloud?
- Let’s talk Microsoft Azure
- Azure SQL database scalability
- Cloud vs on-prem vs hybrid example: SQL Server
- Azure Demo