Working with the Query Model in IBM Cognos Analytics can be a tricky transitional skill, even for advanced report authors. The learning curve is made even more daunting by the shift to the new, significantly different user interface.
However, many fundamental analyses can only be addressed using a multi-query approach. Therefore, designing reports that use query joins and sets, such as unions, is an important skill for all professional authors.
In this recorded webinar, we demonstrate Cognos Analytics v11 Query Explorer and teach techniques that help create sophisticated reports that are based on multiple queries. Techniques and takeaways include:
- Best practices for interacting with the Query Explorer
- Understanding the differences between the versions
- Using Query Explorer in the context of common business challenges such as basket analysis
Vice-President of Learning Solutions
Albert has spent the last 15 years as a technical trainer focused on business analytics and performance management. Before joining Senturus, he was a Senior Education Specialist at Cognos. He is an IBM Cognos Certified Trainer and has his lifetime CTT and certification from CompTIA. Albert has served as a Senior Consultant, Solutions Architect, and Director of Education for Senturus.Read more
- What is the Query Model?
- Changes from Cognos BI v10 to Cognos Analytics v11
- Query References
- Query Sets
- Query Joins
- Custom SQL/MDX
- Set Operations: Unions, Intersections, Exceptions
- Set Operation Rules
- Business Scenario
- Demonstration of Report Authoring in Cognos