IBM Cognos BI 10.2.2
New & Added Features
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence version 10.2.2 supports business users, report authors, and administrators alike by simplifying end-user functionality and speeding time to value with simplified deployment. Below is a summary of the changes. You may also view the videos-all listed on the right sidebar-- on each subject.
Simplified end-user functionality for greater user self-service:
- End-to-end analysis with personal data import for business users.
- Support for customization of Rapidly Adaptive Visualization Engine visualizations in IBM Cognos Report Studio and IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced.
- Create reusable style templates for a consistent corporate identity including styles, fonts, and colors.
- Interactive maps in IBM Cognos Workspace.
- Accelerate Cognos Active Report creation with live preview.
Simplified deployment for faster time to value:
- Use quick setup to easily install and configure all Cognos Business Intelligence components for testing and prototyping.
- Securely manage individual users and administration in multitenant deployments.
- Reduce Cognos Dynamic Cube develop time by migrating existing IBM Cognos Framework Manager models.
- IBM Business Intelligence Pattern now included with the Analytics Architect and Analytics Administrator roles.
General data access and administration:
- Filter join optimization: Optimization of joins by applying filters in Cognos Framework Manager and Cognos Report Studio
- Improve performance by filtering one side of a join using the values retrieved by the other side
- Minimize the amount of data retrieved by the IBM Cognos Business Intelligence server
- Summary query subjects: Ability to control the grouping and aggregation when creating a model
- Control grouping and aggregation in ways previously only possible in reports
- Define a join between aggregated values and detail values
- Specify the granularity of filters and calculations available to ad hoc users
- Bridge query subjects: Creation of a bridge table to link star schemas or subject areas in a model
- Identify bridge tables in your database
- Avoid double counting in stitched query aggregations
- Filter entire rows of a multiple fact datastream when filtering the bridge
- Parameter map freshness: Ability to enable parameter caching
- Control the frequency for which parameter map values are refreshed
- See data updated seconds before a report is run
- Balance the performance benefits of caching with data latency requirements
- NIST SP800-131a
- Cognos Business Intelligence now leverages IBM Global Security Kit (GBKit) for security.
- Encrypted (SSL) connection to the content store database
- Control security features such as enabling SSL and Data Encryption, during the database definition process
- Support for SSL and Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificate pinning
- You can now protect the Android and Apple iOS apps from the man-in-the-middle attacks by restricting the apps to connect only to those IBM Cognos Business Intelligence servers that use trusted certificates.
- Content Store
- IBM DB2® 11 for z/OS®
- Microsoft™ SQL Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Portal servers
- IBM WebSphere® Portal V8.5
- Liferay Portal
- Security libraries
- Web servers
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 8.5
- Data sources
- Cloudera Impala 1.3
- IBM Netezza® V7.1, V7.2
- IBM DB2 for i 7.2
- IBM Cognos TM1® V10.2.2
- IBM InfoSphere® BigInsights™ V2.1, V3.0
- Apache Hive 0.11, 0.12
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2, 2014
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2012 R2, 2014
- MySQL 5.7
- PostgreSQL 9.3, 9.4
- Teradata 15
- JT400 JDBC driver (IBM DB2 for i)
- Apple iOS 7
- Android 4.4
- Phone support for iOS and Android