In this course you will learn to
- Provide an overview of the overall Power BI platform
- Connect to source data
- Transform the data into an optimal model for reporting
- Create and publish a report
Included in this course
- Hands-on exercises
- Course manual
- Certified ADA section 508 compliant (self-paced)
Business analysts. No previous experience required.
- Discuss the Power BI framework and development workflow
- Tour the Power BI Desktop interface
- Data sourcing basics
- Connect to a data source
- Import data
- Discuss and perform basic transformations in Power BI
- Data modeling fundamentals
- Discuss data modeling concepts
- Create relationships and calculations
- Create visualizations
- Discuss the environment for creating visualizations
- Create a report with visualizations and slicers
- Publish to the Power BI service
- Review the Power BI service
- Publish a report to the Power BI service
- Payments by purchase order and invoice incur a $50 service fee.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon receipt of payment.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course details.
Self-paced training subscriptions start when payment is received.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
This class requires a local copy of Power BI Desktop. Download it for free
We recommend using two monitors in order to simultaneously view the training presentation and hands-on class work.
You’ll receive a Zoom link to join the class. We recommend using a headset instead of the computer’s microphone and speakers. You may also listen to the audio by phone.
- 100% refund for cancellations made more than 10 days before the first class
- 50% refund for cancellations made 5-9 days before the first class
- No refund for cancellations made less than 5 days before the first class
- Full refund if cancelling within 24 hours of registration
- $15 fee for cancellations after 24 hours of registration
- No refund for cancellations after 15 days of registration
- Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued
You may also be interested in