Active Report Authoring, Advanced
Authoring Advanced Active Report with IBM Cognos is a one-day, instructor-led, online course. Students will develop Active Report using advanced techniques to create highly interactive reports using multiple controls, create custom controls, examine advanced deck features and conditionally show, hide, filter or select report objects.
A fully interactive experience, our online classroom offers a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a subject matter expert. Participants get practice performing the skills and can ask questions of the instructor in real time.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Techniques learned in this course are relevant to all versions of IBM Cognos BI v10.
The core techniques learned in this course are relevant to the next generation of IBM Cognos Analytics v11. Read details about similarities and differences between Cognos v10.x and v11.
Students receive a comprehensive set of learning materials, including all course notes and class examples.
Advanced report authors: individuals that design and develop corporate standard reports with strong authoring experience and experience with building Active Reports
Students should have extensive experience with Report Studio traditional authoring and some experience with building Active Report. We recommend our Active Report Authoring Fundamentals course be taken before attending this course.
- Understand Active Report Features and Controls
- Use Advanced Tab Control Navigation Techniques
- Create Multiple Variable Controls
- Create Custom Controls
- Work with Layout Component References
- Create Active Reports with Cascading Controls
- Create Breadcrumbs Using Active Report Controls
- Conditionally Show/Hide Report Objects
- Create a Scrolling Marquee
- Use Data Deck Default Cards
- Work with Data Decks with Multiple Data Items
- Create Nested Data Decks
- Troubleshoot Active Reports
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.