PROFESSIONAL REPORT AUTHORING BEGINNING
Beginning Professional Report Authoring with IBM Cognos Analytics is a two-day, instructor-led, online course. Students will build fundamental authoring skills in Cognos Analytics (v11) by creating professional reports using lists, charts, crosstabs and maps. Critical techniques such as filtering, prompting, calculations, exception highlighting, drill-through, formatting and advanced layout will be covered.
A fully interactive experience, our online classroom offers a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a subject matter expert. Participants get practice performing the skills and can ask questions of the instructor in real time.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Techniques learned in this course are relevant to all versions of Cognos Analytics 11.1.X. The core techniques learned in this course are also entirely relevant to the previous generation of Cognos BI 11.0.X and 10.x. Read details about similarities and differences between Cognos BI 10.x and Cognos Analytics 11.
Students receive a comprehensive set of learning materials, including all course notes and class examples.
Report authors: individuals that design and develop corporate standard reports
- Link reports
- Define a master-detail data relationship
- Create a master-detail report
- Define the drill-through concept
- Create drill-through reports
- Create calculations
- Create query calculations
- Create calculation in design and preview mode
- Use conditional logic in expressions
- Create layout calculations
- Use functions in expressions
- Create singletons
- Create a parameterized calculation
- Use prompts and parameters
- Create parameterized filters
- Examine prompt types
- Create prompt pages
- Create cascading prompts
- Handle ‘No Data Available’
- Highlight prompt troubleshooting tips
- Create analytical reports using crosstabs and charts
- Discuss analytical report authoring
- Discuss crosstab terminology
- Nest and stack in a crosstab
- Create a crosstab report
- Discuss when and how to use charts
- Nest and stack in a chart
- Discuss chart types
- Customize chart properties
- Use visualizations
- Create and customize list reports
- Create list reports
- Examine the object hierarchy
- Format lists
- Sort and group lists
- Define group spanning
- Add headers to a list
- Add sections to a list
- Review Cognos Analytics interface and navigation
- Highlight differences between Cognos BI 10 and Cognos Analytics
- Preview how to navigate the portal
- Preview how to create a new report
- Explore the data, toolbox and navigate areas
- Explore the properties pane
- Explore page views
- Explore the on-demand toolbars
- Create filters
- Define filters
- Create detail filters in design mode
- Apply detail filters in preview mode
- Create summary filters in design mode
- Apply summary filters in preview mode
- Create and customize maps
- Present data spatially using map reports
- Customize map reports
- Define aggregation
- Define automatic aggregation
- Apply automatic aggregation to a report
- Define group aggregation
- Apply group aggregation to a report
- Customize reports with conditional formatting
- Discuss conditional styles versus variables
- Use conditional styles to highlight exceptions
- Use conditional styles to show/hide report objects
- Author complex reports
- Discuss report design planning
- Work with report layout tools
- Examine visual aids
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.