Tableau Desktop Complex Aggregations is a deep dive master class on leveraging advanced aggregate calculations to address complex data challenges. You will solidify fundamental understanding of table calculations and level of detail calculations and explore 25+ advanced real-world applications to help you gain additional insight into your data, provide innovative analysis and design impactful visualizations. You will learn creative techniques for combining calculations, parameters and sets to help you get the most out of Tableau Desktop.
A fully interactive experience, our online classroom offers a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a subject matter expert. You will practice performing the skills and can ask questions of the instructor in real time.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Hands-on learning exercises in this course will be completed on Tableau Desktop 2019; however, nearly all techniques are also relevant to all versions of Tableau Desktop 2018 and 10, except where noted throughout the course.
Students receive a comprehensive set of learning materials, including all course notes and class examples.
Consumers of business analytics information and business analysts who have attended our two-day advanced class or have one or more years of experience in Tableau Desktop.
- Review methods for creating calculations
- Use the calculation editor
- Create ad hoc calculations
- Understand calculation order of operations
- Understand calculation performance considerations
Understanding Table Calculations
- Review aggregation
- Understand table calculations
- Create row position table calculations
Exploring Table Calculations
- Create moving, running, rank, and secondary calculations
- Integrate sets and parameters with table calculations
- Explore advanced uses of table calculations
Level of Detail Calculations
- Discuss default aggregation
- Examine LOD calculations
- Create Include, Exclude and Fixed calculations
- Create nested LOD calculations
- Integrate parameters in LOD expressions
- Explore advanced uses of LOD calculations
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.