V11 New Features for Experienced Authors
This one-day, instructor-led, online course provides the quickest path to mastering the user experience (UX) introduced with Cognos Analytics (v11) for users with experience developing reports with Cognos BI 10 in either Report Studio or Cognos Workspace Advanced. The UX merges functionality and interface features found in the current 10.2 versions of both Report Studio and Cognos Workspace Advanced.
This course will be conducted at an accelerated pace and is not intended for users new to professional authoring. Students will be guided through the new graphical user interface (GUI). Although the new GUI has significant benefits, the change is drastic enough that it can potentially decelerate adoption of the new release and delay report development tasks. We will provide a map of the v10.2 user interface to v11 so you will create reports quickly.
A fully interactive experience, our online classroom offers a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a subject matter expert. Participants get practice performing the skills and can ask questions of the instructor in real time.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Techniques learned in this course are relevant to all versions of Cognos Analytics 11.1.X. The core techniques learned in this course are also entirely relevant to the previous generation of Cognos BI 11.0.X and 10.x. Read details about similarities and differences between Cognos BI 10.x and Cognos Analytics 11.
Students receive a comprehensive set of learning materials, including all course notes and class examples.
Experienced professional authors familiar with building reports in either Report Studio or Cognos Workspace Advanced.
- Cognos Analytics overview
- Reports, dashboards and data modules
- Gotcha’s – what to look out for before migrating
- Browser, OS, mobile and data source support
- Portal pages
- Create new reports
- New versus legacy templates
- Adding report data
- Creating calculations
- Navigating the UI
- Data, toolbox and navigate areas
- Connecting to packages and data modules
- Exploring report pages, queries and advanced conditions
- Using the properties pane
- On-demand toolbars
- Where did my menus go?
- Navigating around the portal
- Design vs. preview
- Right-click versus […]
- Data, toolbox and navigate areas
- Insert objects
- Toolbox grouping
- Pinning tools and reordering
- Advanced layout features
- Modifying table layouts
- Conditional styles
- Layout component references
- Shared set references
- Exploring dimensional data
- Drilling up, drilling down
- Discovering the explore features
- Migrating content
- Large-scale migration
- Migrating a single report using copy-paste
- Report distributions and automation
- Navigating the portal
- Using Cognos viewer
- Subscriptions and preferences
- Managing the environment
- Accounts, activities, content, data servers, configuration
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.