Dynamic Cubes OLAP Modeling
OLAP Modeling with IBM Cognos 10.2 Cube Designer is a two-day, instructor-led, online course. Students will learn how to use Cognos Cube Designer to design and implement Dynamic Cubes. Students will develop a multi-dimensional model; explore Dynamic Query Analyzer and Aggregate Advisor and build, deploy and report from Dynamic Cubes.
This is a fully interactive course. Participants will have practice performing the skills in our online classroom. The instructor is able to see each student's computer screen and offer guidance. A full set of course materials is included and hard copies sent prior to the class.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Techniques learned in this course are relevant to all versions of IBM Cognos BI version 10. In addition, the information learned is 100% relevant to the next generation of IBM Cognos Analytics, version 11. Read details about similarities and differences between Cognos v10.x and v11.
Modelers: individuals responsible for high-performance metadata packages against high-volume data warehouses
- Online Analytical Processing Concepts
- Why OLAP?
- How will it make us more business intelligent?
- Multi-dimensional analysis
- Analysis vs. transactional perspective
- Consistently fast to data
- Introduction to Dynamic Cubes
- Analyze Data Sources for Suitability
- Design and Model a Dynamic Cube
- Overview of Dimensional Data Concepts
- Use Cube Designer
- Create a cube from a Framework Manager package*
- Model dimensions, hierarchies and levels
- Parent-child hierarchies
- Create measures
- Advanced modeling techniques
- Calculated measures/members
- Model relative time dimensions*
- Use multi-locales
- Aggregate Cubes
- Virtual Cubes
- Virtual dimensions, hierarchies and levels
- Deploying and managing Dynamic Cubes
- Securing the Dynamic Cube
- Create and assign accounts
- Assign the cube to a query service
- Start the cube and make it available
- Assign roles and security views
- Define routing rules
- Set the data access account
- Command-line tools*
- Workload logging*
- Update cubes in near real-time*
- Estimate Hardware Requirements*
- Add Dynamic Functionality with Parameter Maps*
- Use Named Sets with Members*
- Run Reports with Dynamic Cubes
- Optimize Dynamic Cubes
- Use Dynamic Query Analyzer and Aggregate Advisor
- User-defined in-memory aggregates*
* Features specific to version 10.2.2
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- A full, hard copy set of course materials is shipped to each United States-based student a few days prior to the start of class.
- *International students will receive electronic copies of the course guide in place of a hard copy. These students may print one hard copy of the guide for their own personal use during the course. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
For this course, attendees will need to connect to the demonstration environment via Remote Desktop. Instructions will be provided in the registration confirmation.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.