IBM Cognos Report Studio Advanced Authoring Techniques is a one-day, instructor-led, online course. Students will expand their authoring skills using advanced features of IBM Cognos Report Studio by building dynamic, interactive and complex reports.
A fully interactive experience, our online classroom offers a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a subject matter expert. Participants get practice performing the skills and can ask questions of the instructor in real time.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Techniques learned in this course are relevant to all versions of IBM Cognos BI 10. If you are using Cognos Analytics, see our Advanced Report Authoring in V11 course.
Students receive a comprehensive set of learning materials, including all course notes and class examples.
Report Authors: Individuals that design and develop corporate standard reports
- Advanced list, chart and map report design
- Deconstruct the list object
- Create headers, footers and custom group summaries
- Create chart reports
- Understand nested and peer chart items
- Examine advanced chart properties
- Review simple prompts using filtered parameters
- Examine prompt types
- Create a cascading prompt
- Create a self-drilling report that handles no data
- Advanced drill-through
- Advanced conditional formatting techniques
- Conditional formatting vs. advanced conditional formatting
- Examine conditionally formatted reports
- Create advanced exception reports
- Conditionally hide or show report objects
- Design effective prompts to determine report contents and/or format at runtime
- Understand query model
- Create relationships between queries (set operations, joins, query references)
- Examine filtering data from two separate queries
- Join queries
- Create set operations (unions, intersects and exceptions)
- Introduction to dimensional authoring
- Create dashboards using interactive portal page
- Multiple tabs contain dashboards
- Dashboards portlets that can contain Cognos viewer, HTML Items, RSS feeds, search portlets, navigation portlets, images and more
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.