Dimensional Authoring Advanced
Advanced Dimensional Authoring with IBM Cognos Report Studio is a one-day, instructor-led, online course. Students will create dynamic reports against multidimensional data sources such as PowerCubes by leveraging best practices with Report Studio. Students will expand on existing dimensional authoring skills to enhance professional reports based on OLAP data sources.
This is a fully interactive course. Participants will have practice performing the skills in our online classroom. The instructor is able to see each student's computer screen and offer guidance. A full set of course materials is included and hard copies are sent prior to the class.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Techniques learned in this course are relevant to all versions of IBM Cognos BI 10. If you’re using Cognos Analytics (v11) you’ll be interested in Dimensional Report Authoring for V11.
Advanced report authors, experienced report authors, individuals that design and develop corporate standard reports with a background in traditional authoring techniques in Report Studio
- Advanced MDX functions
- Nest MDX functions in expressions
- OLAP aggregates and filters
- Nested expressions
- Query macros
- Standard parameters to define prompts in OLAP reports
- Query macros to create reports with optional parameters
- Control advanced drill-up and drill-down behavior
- Understand default drill-up and drill-down functionality
- Synchronize drilling behavior
- Identify cases when override default drilling behavior is needed
- Configure advanced drilling behavior to support sophisticated use cases
- Define member sets to support advanced drilling
- Defining report and package-level drill-through
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- A full, hard copy set of course materials is shipped to each United States based student a few days prior to the start of class.
- *International students will receive electronic copies of the course guide in place of a hard copy. These students may print one hard copy of the guide for their own personal use during the course. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.