Creating Reports & Visualizations, Beginning & Intermediate
This one-day course provides a fundamental understanding of visualizations and reports in Power BI. Through hands-on application of exercises in Power BI, students will learn best practices and visualization techniques to create visually stunning reports.
A fully interactive experience, our online classroom offers a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a subject matter expert. Participants get practice performing the skills and can ask questions of the instructor in real time. No previous experience required.
Enhance your Power BI skills and save $400 with our Power BI three-class bundle.
Students receive a comprehensive set of learning materials, including all course notes and class examples.
Business analysts who want to learn the fundamentals of data acquisition, modeling, visualization and dashboarding with Power BI. Basic experience with Power BI is beneficial. No previous DAX experience is required.
- Best practices in interactive report design
- Introduction and overview of reports, visualizations and dashboards in Power BI
- Manage themes and visual formatting display options
- Create and format visualizations
- Create and use filters and slicers
- How to create interactions between visualizations
- Work with hierarchical data — date, time and category data
- Create drill features (e.g. drill down, drill through)
- Add columns and measures
- Use Tooltips
- Tie it all together
- Understand when to use which visuals depending on type of data and insight of interest (i.e. line data for data over time)
- Create a complex corporate KPI dashboard
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.