This half-day course provides an introduction to the Power BI platform. Through hands-on application of exercises in Power BI, students will experience the entire process of creating and publishing reports in Power BI: import data, modify and transform the data to enhance reporting, create a data model, and build impactful visualizations and reports to convey insights about the data.
A fully interactive experience, our online classroom offers a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a subject matter expert. Participants get practice performing the skills and can ask questions of the instructor in real time.
MENTORING PACKAGE DISCOUNT
Enjoy a 20% savings when you purchase a two-hour mentoring session at the same time as you purchase this class. Mentoring is a unique opportunity to work one-on-one with the instructor to get follow up assistance. The two-hour mentoring session is only $395 when add it to your cart. Use the code Combo at check out.
Students receive a comprehensive set of learning materials, including all course notes and class examples.
Business analysts who want to learn the fundamentals of data acquisition, modeling, visualization and dashboarding with Power BI. No prior Power BI experience required.
- Understanding the Power BI toolset
- Get data
- Import data from:
- On-premises sources
- Cloud sources
- Use Direct Query to connect to data sources
- Transform data with Power BI Query Editor
- Import data from:
- Design and build the data model in Power BI Desktop
- Design a data model
- Create hierarchies
- Build calculations and get to know DAX
- Calculated columns
- Author reports
- Create visualizations
- Build reports from visualizations
- Go beyond the basics with intermediate design methods
- Collaborate and share
- Publish reports to PowerBI.com
- Assemble dashboards from reports
- Refresh data in deployed reports and dashboards
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.