Tableau Server Site Administration is a one-day instructor-led, online course. Students will review site administration and user maintenance; learn how to create and manage projects, including managing schedules; work with data source connections; review best practices for adding and managing content and how to customize the server.
A fully interactive experience, our online classroom offers a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a subject matter expert. Participants get practice performing the skills and can ask questions of the instructor in real time.
Students receive a comprehensive set of learning materials, including all course notes and class examples.
Business unit site administrators responsible for managing content, user permissions and site-specific features of Tableau Server.
- Review site administration
- Discuss the Tableau product line
- Review Tableau Server
- Cover tabcmd
- Examine the administrator and user interface
- Cover user maintenance
- Get an overview of security in Tableau
- Import users
- Look at best practices for content permissions
- Set content permissions
- Create groups
- Create and manage projects
- Add projects
- Lock down permissions on projects and set group rules
- Discuss schedules
- Review schedules
- Create an extract schedule
- Change a schedule
- Discuss subscriptions
- Look at revision and revision history
- Work with data source connections
- Work with data sources
- Publish a data source
- Navigate a data source
- Review data source permissions
- Refresh and change data source details
- Download a data source
- Review best practices for adding and managing content
- Review content ownership
- Publish content from Tableau desktop
- Discuss when to publish data sources versus workbooks
- Create extracts
- Examine extract refresh failures
- Customize the server
- Discuss how to customize the Tableau environment
- Use the built in views to monitor the server
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.