Senior Cognos BI Architect/Project Manager
Senturus is seeking talented and experienced professionals to join the team. Send your resume to email@example.com.
The Senior Cognos BI Architect will be responsible for developing, supporting and implementing business intelligence (BI) solutions. This role will create multidimensional cubes, build relational models as well as design and develop complex user reports. The position will also gather and analyze business requirements, plan, prepare, implement, organize and deliver solutions to production.
- Architect Cognos solutions, design Cognos frameworks and provide Cognos expertise to developers
- Develop and support operational and ad hoc reports using the Cognos tools which include Framework Manager, Transformer, Query Studio, Reporting Studio, Metrics Studio, Events Studio and Cognos SDK
- Create, develop and support complex Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes and Structured Query Language (SQL) procedures which transfer, load and cleanse data
- Develop standards, procedures and best practices for Cognos use—stay abreast of new Cognos offerings and demonstrate a deep understanding of Cognos applications
- Develop, support and implement BI solutions, multidimensional cubes, report templates, batch processing and relational models as well as complex user reports and analysis
- Perform project management activities including project documentation, business requirements and project tracking
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and business knowledge
- Ability to perform project management activities
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Extensive knowledge of relational and multidimensional data design and development techniques including star schema, snowflake schema, cube design, ETL and others
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
Love where you live? A live anywhere, work anywhere policy has been our model from founding over 20 years ago. We won’t ask you to move, and much of our work is delivered remotely.