Migration AssistantAccelerate Cognos consolidations & migrations
Automatically decode Cognos reports
and data models
The Senturus Migration Assistant is our secret weapon for unwinding the troves of data in vast, complex Cognos environments. It programmatically decodes and inventories multi-layered Cognos reports and packages to identify details including data source(s), lineage, relationships and usage. Helping to efficiently prioritize content for migration and streamline execution, the Migration Assistant is an ideal helper when changing platforms or when businesses merge, split or realign.
Tackles these three common scenarios
Managing Cognos data source migrations
- Identifies which reports and models rely on the legacy data source
- Combines inventory and usage statistics to create a prioritized, efficient migration plan
- Allows you to minimize project scope by listing never and rarely used reports
- Helps identify and plan out the migration process
Migrating from Cognos to a new BI platform
- Identifies source data, eliminating need to manually detangle report and model details
- Inventories report design elements enabling rapid layout reproduction
- Identifies most used reports so you can prioritize those with most immediate business impact
- Shows duplicate and rarely used reports allowing you to limit migration scope and reduce costs
Upgrading & optimizing your Cognos footprint
- Easily identify and eliminate duplicate and un-used reports
- Identify under-utilized user licenses
- Shrink packages safely by removing unreferenced areas
- Provides deeper insights to Cognos audit data, allowing for an upgraded environment that is as clean and current as possible
Significantly accelerates migration time and increases accuracy
Enables accurate project scoping, budgeting and management
The Migration Assistant delivers complexity scores that quantify the effort required to rebuild or enhance reports and models.
of complex Cognos
Makes it easy to identify and eliminate report, model and database bloat for a better reporting experience and lower cost of ownership.
Interactive dashboard. Interlinking reports.
The Migration Assistant generates interlinked reports that let you view, drill down and analyze Cognos report and package information.
Combines reports and usage information and can be grouped by package or usage. Assists in prioritizing the migration or rationalization project.
Insights by package
Creates a list of all reports in a package, the databases they reference, and the unique tables in those databases. It also includes all the report specs for the reports in the package.
Show details of individual reports. Useful for report recreation or when needing to drill down to source data items for a given report. Drills down to the Lineage and Relationship reports.
Displays the path the data follows through the various model layers.
Shows the relationships defined between tables including join style and columns. This information is especially useful when rebuilding data models in a new tool or data warehouse.
We can develop customized reports tailored to address your unique environment.
The Migration Assistant: real-life applications
Accelerating a Cognos data storage migration
A large U.S. bank accelerated their migration timeline by inventorying over 20,000 Cognos reports and 400 packages in preparation for their phased data storage migration to Google Big Query.
Reducing unnecessary Cognos complexity for better reporting
This established Cognos shop efficiently and accurately removed irrelevant columns and tables in their Framework Manager models and source database.