In this course you will learn to
- Get started with the Cognos system architecture
- Install Cognos and configure a server
- Implement security
- Enhance a configuration with portal administration
- Add components and deploy new objects
- Maintain, grow and plan a system
- Troubleshoot common issues and look for solutions
- Migrate content
11.x (v10 available for private training)
Included in this course
- Hands-on exercises
- Course manual
Technical users with hardware and software experience. Most technical of all Cognos classes. Not intended for business analysts or consumers. Prior usage of Cognos as a consumer, analyst, or report author a strong plus, but is not required.
- Architecture and hardware
- Features of Cognos architecture
- Port use
- Hardware installation options
- Services available on a dispatcher
- Content management components
- How and when to implement a 64-bit DQM dispatcher
- Installation and configuration
- Configure a Cognos installation
- Install and configure a firewall
- Web server options and sample configurations
- Application server architecture
- Administer a dispatcher
- Implement security
- Set up and configure a security provider
- Apply security to the portal and objects
- Separate objects with multi-tenancy
- Use dispatcher with routing rules
- Portal administration
- Create and set up a data source
- Create and set up a default user profile
- Folder and layout presentation best practices
- Change the look and feel of the portal
- Component installation
- Deploy and maintain Dynamic Cubes
- Use the dynamic query analyzer
- Implement visualizations
- Create data server connections
- Mobile configuration and settings
- Maintenance and optimization
- Set up, install and configure audit database and reports
- Plan for capacity
- Add a secondary dispatcher for scalability
- Disaster recovery and availability best practices
- Manage multiple dispatchers
- Affinity defined and how it impacts the system
- System tuning for peak hours, load balancing and growth
- Where to find answers to problems
- Common errors and how to quickly find solutions
- Third-party utilities
- Steps to upgrade an existing system from Cognos 10.x to 11.x
- Payments by purchase order and invoice incur a $50 service fee.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon receipt of payment.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course details.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
Attendees will need to connect to this class via remote desktop. Instructions will be provided.
We recommend using two monitors in order to simultaneously view the training presentation and hands-on class work.
You’ll receive a Zoom link to join the class. We recommend using a headset instead of the computer’s microphone and speakers. You may also listen to the audio by phone.
- 100% refund for cancellations made more than 10 days before the first class
- 50% refund for cancellations made 5-9 days before the first class
- No refund for cancellations made less than 5 days before the first class
You may also be interested in