In this course you will learn to
- Get familiar with aggregation
- Create calculated fields
- Filter with context filters
- Make workbooks dynamic with parameters
- Examine additional visualization types
- Group data
- Build a worksheet with multiple data sources
- Review when to use a data extract
- Create dashboards
- Put views together in a story
- Review publishing and sharing
Included in this course
- Hands-on exercises
- Course manual
Tableau users. Required: working knowledge of Tableau such as building calculated fields, adding a data source and building visualizations.
- Review and manage aggregation
- Create calculated fields
- Review the methods for creating calculations
- Work with the calculation editor and common syntax
- Create a complex calculation
- Use table calculations
- Filter data
- Use the filter shelf
- Filter on dimensions
- Filter on measures
- Create context filters
- Create and use parameters
- Use parameters to filter across sources
- Additional visualization types
- Tree maps
- Packed bubble charts
- Funnel charts
- Work with sets, groups and bins
- Create groups, sets and bins of data
- Work with multiple data sources
- Blend data in a workbook
- Join data sources
- Work with data
- Understand available data sources
- Manage metadata
- Save data sources
- Payments by purchase order and invoice incur a $50 service fee.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon receipt of payment.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course details.
Self-paced training subscriptions start when payment is received.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
Before class begins, you will need to have a local copy of Tableau Desktop. Download it for free
We recommend using two monitors in order to simultaneously view the training presentation and hands-on class work.
You’ll receive a Zoom link to join the class. We recommend using a headset instead of the computer’s microphone and speakers. You may also listen to the audio by phone.
- 100% refund for cancellations made more than 10 days before the first class
- 50% refund for cancellations made 5-9 days before the first class
- No refund for cancellations made less than 5 days before the first class
- Full refund if cancelling within 24 hours of registration
- $15 fee for cancellations after 24 hours of registration
- No refund for cancellations after 15 days of registration
- Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued
You may also be interested in