Framework Manager Metadata Modeling Best Practices
Metadata Modeling Best Practices with IBM Cognos Framework Manager is a three-day course. This course ensures participants become proficient with the Framework Manager modeling tool following a best practices approach.
In this fully interactive course, participants practice performing the skills with the instructor's guidance. A bound, hard copy set of course materials is included.
Modelers: individuals creating metadata models (relational and dimensionally modeled relational)
- Become proficient with the Framework Manager modeling tool following a best practices approach
- Identify common data structures and modeling traps
- Create a project and prepare metadata
- Model for predictable results
- Use a 3-tiered design to organize metadata logically
- Create business-friendly views of data
- Use shortcuts and aliases to support role-playing dimensions, presentation objects, and recursive hierarchies
- Secure metadata to allow appropriate access by users (row-level, object-level, and package-level)
- Create and deploy custom packages for different audiences
- Understand how to leverage Dynamic Query Mode (DQM) in packages
- Examine Project Governors
- Dimensionally model relational content