IBM Planning Analytics 2.0: New Capabilities for TM1 Users
TM1 Cubes New Features for Cognos Analytics
The release of IBM Planning Analytics 2.0 brings many new capabilities for TM1 users and Cognos Analytics authors. With this release, IBM adds an on-premise offering to the initial cloud version, allowing users to leverage the latest TM1 capabilities within their local environment.
Planning Analytics Workspace delivers a friendly web-based interface that allows users to organize, analyze and present TM1 content from a variety of sources. Workspace provides self-service interactive dashboards, visualizations and report books for web and mobile. Integration with Cognos Analytics allows authors to leverage their Cognos BI knowledge with TM1 cube data sources.
In this webinar recording, we look at new features in Planning Analytics 2.0 and demo key concepts. Topics covered:
- Planning Analytics Workspace – authoring of interactive dashboards, chat feature for collaboration and seamless integration with Excel to reduce reliance on IT
- Hierarchies – the ability to create virtual dimensions and multiple hierarchies to extend analytical and reporting capabilities without structural and code changes to the TM1 cube
- Integration with Cognos Analytics – advantages to using TM1 as an OLAP data source for Cognos Analytics
Cognos Analytics v11, Cognos TM1, IBM Planning Analytics
BI Report Authors, BI Report Consumers, BI Power Users (Developers, Support Staff), BI Managers, IT Managers, IT / BI Executives (CTO), Business Executives (CEO), Financial Planners, Financial Analysts, Finance Managers, Finance Executives (Controllers, CFO), Marketing Analysts, Marketing Managers / Directors, Program or Project Managers, Business Analysts
Senior Planning Architect
Ken has more than 20 years of hands-on experience architecting, implementing and delivering training for enterprise planning, business intelligence and data warehousing solutions.
Overview of IBM Planning Analytics
- What is it?
- Major new features
- Planning Analytics for Excel (PAx)
- Cognos Analytics Integration