Preparing for Cognos Analytics V11
Prep v10 Now to Ensure a Smooth Upgrade Later
By now, you have heard about all the new features of Cognos Analytics. And while there are many good things in store, the truth is that its integration with Cognos BI v10 is not seamless. Learn what you need to know to prepare for Cognos Analytics−before you upgrade.
We tell you what technologies you should be investing your resources in, and which ones you should stop using. Learn which reports you should convert now and what you can leave for later. We also demonstrate a new product that allows you to automate report conversions.
We demonstrate how Cognos Analytics works – or does not – with the following:
- The Studios: Query, Analysis, Report
- Portal Tab, public folders and Cognos Connection
- Workspace Advanced and Workspace
IBM Cognos BI: Cognos Workspace, Cognos Workspace Advanced, Cognos Report Studio, Cognos Dynamic Cubes, Cognos Transformer, Cognos Query Studio, Cognos Analysis Studio
BI Report Authors, BI Report Consumers, BI Power Users (Developers, Support Staff), BI Managers, IT Managers, IT / BI Executives (CTO), Program or Project Managers
Todd has over 15 years of Cognos experience and heads up the Senturus install, upgrade, and optimization practice.
Strategic Accounts Manager
Jeff is responsible for guiding strategic Cognos customers. Prior to joining Motio, he spent over 14 years with Cognos.
Farewell to Studios
- Query Studio and Analysis Studio supported for one more release
- Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Event Studio, Metric Studio and PowerPlay Studio all open in new tab using old interface
- Single reporting tool in Cognos Analytics
- Report Studio and Workspace Advanced reports are fully integrated
- Interactive / non-interactive concept
- Public folders is now team content
- My Folders is now My Content
- Portal Tabs open in new window – cannot create new or set as home
- Search index built it – no more scheduling
Preparing for Cognos Analytics
- Halt development of non Report Studio / WSA content
- Convert existing content into Report Studio / WSA
Convert Query Studio Objects to Report Studio Objects
Replace Any References to the Old Objects