Tableau defaults to no spacing between the panes in a view. How do I get some spacing between groups of bars in my charts?
- Add subtotals (Analysis->Totals->Add All Subtotals)
- Right click on the measure pill on the Rows shelf and change the default SUM() aggregations to MIN()
- To edit the color legend – double click on the Total color, this takes you to a color dialog, select the WHITE color, click OK
- Right click on the word Total in the X axis and select Format
- In the Format window, click the Header tab and blank out the Total label field
Need additional Tableau training? Check out our regularly scheduled online beginning and advanced courses as well as onsite, custom training.
This tip is compliments of Chuck Hooper.
Chuck is a Tableau consult and trainer for Senturus. Chuck’s career includes