This self-paced learning course is is suited for experienced professional authors familiar with building reports in either Report Studio or Cognos Workspace Advanced. Exercises are designed to be light and provide a basic proficiency with the relevant tools (not mastery).
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Exercises in this self-paced learning course are based on Cognos Analytics release 7 (11.0.7). There will be no significant user interface differences between this release and subsequent releases of CA 11.0 (through release 13). Students will be able to complete all exercises as scripted in any compatible release through release 13.
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
Self-paced learning courses are available online 24/7. Included are a course manual that can be downloaded and kept for future reference; how-to documentation on accessing and navigating the CBT interface; supplemental files when applicable.
30-day access: $49
90-day access $79
6-month access: $99
Cost is per person. Subscriptions may not be shared. Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated, and no refund issued.
Cognos Analytics Overview
- Reports, dashboards and data modules (overview, no hands-on)
Creating New Reports
- New vs. legacy templates
- Adding report data
- Creating calculations
Navigating the UI
- Data, toolbox and navigate areas
- Connecting to packages and data modules
- Exploring report pages, queries and advanced conditions
- Using the properties pane
- On-demand toolbars
- Where did my menus go?
- Design vs. preview
- Right-click vs. […]
- Toolbox grouping
- Pinning tools and reordering
Report Distributions and Automation
- Navigating the portal
- Using Cognos viewer
- Subscriptions and preferences
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Student(s) will receive an email with details on how to access the online classroom approximately 1-2 business days after payment.
- The course materials are copyrighted and any reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
- Students will need access to a compatible Cognos Analytics environment with the standard sample data sources and packages deployed to complete the exercises.
- Students will need the appropriate permissions to access sources, packages, reports, data files, and relevant capabilities in these environments.
Cancel any time within 24 hours of registration for a full refund. There is a $15 fee for cancellation after 24 hours of registration. No cancellation after 15 days.