This self-paced course is designed for experienced authors familiar with building reports in either Report Studio or Cognos Workspace Advanced. Topics focus on creating new reports, navigating the UI, inserting objects and report distributions and using subscriptions and preferences.
The course includes video how-to demos and practice drills.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Cognos Analytics 11.0.x and 11.1.x
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
Certified ADA Section 508 compliant
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
- 24/7 access to the class
- Downloadable course manual that may be kept for future reference
- Documentation on how to access and navigate the e-learning interface
- Supplemental files and data sets, where applicable
30-day subscription: $99
90-day subscription: $129
6-month subscription: $149
Cost is per person. Subscriptions may not be shared. The subscription begins the day after purchase.
Cognos Analytics overview
- Reports, dashboards and data modules (overview, no hands-on)
Creating new reports
- New vs. legacy templates
- Adding report data
- Creating calculations
Navigating the UI
- Data, toolbox and navigate areas
- Connecting to packages and data modules
- Exploring report pages, queries and advanced conditions
- Using the properties pane
- On-demand toolbars
- Where did my menus go?
- Design vs. preview
- Right-click vs. […]
- Toolbox grouping
- Pinning tools and reordering
Report distributions and automation
- Navigating the portal
- Using Cognos viewer
- Subscriptions and preferences
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Student(s) will receive an email with details on how to access the online classroom approximately 1-2 business days after payment.
- The course materials are copyrighted and any reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
- Students will need access to a compatible Cognos Analytics environment with the standard sample data sources and packages deployed to complete the exercises.
- Students will need the appropriate permissions to access sources, packages, reports, data files and relevant capabilities in these environments.
Cancel any time within 24 hours of registration for a full refund. There is a $15 fee for cancellation after 24 hours of registration. No cancellation after 15 days. Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued.