This self-paced course is designed for students who have taken the Senturus Tableau Intermediate class or with one or more years experience working with Tableau Desktop. The topics focus on performing complex sorts, working with multiple data sources and data extracts, creating text-based visualizations and adding custom splits.
The course includes video how-to demos and practice drills.
Learners with extensive Tableau experience may want to consider our Expert course instead.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Hands-on learning exercises in this course will be completed on Tableau Desktop 2019; however, nearly all techniques are also relevant to all versions of Tableau Desktop 2018 and 10, except where noted throughout the course.
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
Consumers of business analytics information and business analysts who have attended our Tableau Intermediate class or have one or more years of experience in Tableau.
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
- 24/7 access to the class
- Downloadable course manual that may be kept for future reference
- Documentation on how to access and navigate the e-learning interface
- Supplemental files and data sets, where applicable
30-day subscription: $199
90-day subscription: $229
6-month subscription: $249
Cost is per person. Subscriptions may not be shared. The subscription begins the day after purchase.
Perform complex sorts
- Discuss why sorted visualizations do not always appear correctly
- Use the INDEX function
Examine additional visualization types
- Work with expanding bubble, donuts and clusters
Work with multiple data sources and data extracts
- Create a data extract
- Discuss custom SQL
- Create a union
- Blend data
- Use data blends with calculated fields including NULL values
Create text-based visualizations and add custom splits
- Work with splits
- Build regular expressions
Work with calculations
- Use calculations for statistical purposes
- Examine the impact of aggregation in calculations
Use LOD calculations
- Introduce and use Level of Detail (LOD) calculations
- Work with nested LODs
Add parameters to a worksheet
- Use parameters to filter
- Use parameters for other purposes
Explore advanced uses of bins and sets
- Create a dynamic set
- Work with histograms
Perform advanced comparisons
- Show progress towards goals
- Create a top-N visualization
Build advanced maps
- Examine additional map types
- Review automatic geocoding in Tableau
- Modify geocode locations
- Perform custom geocoding with data blending
- Use background images in visualizations for spatial analysis
Develop with custom dates
- See how Exact Date functions
Delve into forecasting and add trendlines
- Explore forecasting
- Review trendlines
- Enhance forecasting with the use of trend lines
Work with distributions of data
- Understand and use Pareto visualizations
- Customize Pareto visualizations
Create advanced dashboards with actions
- Add interactivity to dashboards
- Leverage instructions and annotations
- Add actions to a dashboard
- Add tabs to a dashboard
- Add navigation and help to a dashboard
- Assess performance of a dashboard
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Student(s) will receive an email with details on how to access the online classroom approximately 1-2 business days after payment.
- The course materials are copyrighted and any reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
Students will need access to Tableau Desktop with the standard sample data sources and files to complete the exercises.
Cancel any time within 24 hours of registration for a full refund. There is a $15 fee for cancellation after 24 hours of registration. No cancellation after 15 days. Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued.