In this course you will learn to
- Understand Power BI Desktop with a tour
- Explore and explain Power BI data-sourcing basics
- Expose the Query Editor environment and discuss its use in transforming data
- Transform data using Power BI to meet common business needs
Included in this course
- Hands-on exercises
- Course manual
Business analysts or technical users. No Power BI nor Power Query experience required, but it is helpful to have used data manipulation, ETL, databases or Excel Power Query.
- Review and discuss the Power BI framework and development workflow
- Tour the Power BI Desktop interface
- Data sourcing basics
- Connecting to a data source
- Importing data
- Modifying the data source settings
- Discuss storage mode options
- Query Editor environment
- Introduce the Query Editor
- Review data transformation
- Tour the Query Editor interface
- Basic transformations
- Discuss basic transformation in Power BI
- Load data and perform transformations
- Data modeling with Power Query
- Discuss data modeling concepts
- Show the relevance of data modeling to the Query Editor
- Explore the Query Editor’s functions in depth, show how to
- Organize queries
- Query a web page
- Create and use a function
- Work with role playing dimensions
- Merge fact tables
- Convert snowflakes to stars
- Payments by purchase order and invoice incur a $50 service fee.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon receipt of payment.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course details.
Self-paced training subscriptions start when payment is received.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
This class requires a local copy of Power BI Desktop. Download it for free
We recommend using two monitors in order to simultaneously view the training presentation and hands-on class work.
You’ll receive a Zoom link to join the class. We recommend using a headset instead of the computer’s microphone and speakers. You may also listen to the audio by phone.
- 100% refund for cancellations made more than 10 days before the first class
- 50% refund for cancellations made 5-9 days before the first class
- No refund for cancellations made less than 5 days before the first class
- Full refund if cancelling within 24 hours of registration
- $15 fee for cancellations after 24 hours of registration
- No refund for cancellations after 15 days of registration
- Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued
You may also be interested in