Self-Service Data Modeling with Data Modules
IBM Cognos Self-Service Data Modeling with Data Modules is a one-day, instructor-led, online course. Students will upload personal data, join across data sources and test their results in dashboards and reports. This course is a deep-dive into the expanded features of data modules introduced in release 11.1.
A fully interactive experience, our online classroom offers a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a subject matter expert. Participants get practice performing the skills and can ask questions of the instructor in real time.
Students receive a comprehensive set of learning materials, including all course notes and class examples.
Self-service business analysts that are looking to extend their use of Cognos Analytics to personal data sources, understand basic data modeling concepts and techniques and model relational database tables. No data modeling experience is required.
Upload local files for analysis
- Overview data modules in Cognos Analytics
- Use local files for analysis and visualization
- Upload a Microsoft Excel worksheet
Create a data server to access additional sources
- Define data servers in Cognos Analytics
- See how to connect to a SQL Server database
- Use the database connection to define a data server
Link local files and database tables with data modules
- Create a data module combining a spreadsheet and a database
- Understand and create joins
Fundamentals of data modeling
- Review fundamental data modeling concepts
- Describe the different options for cardinality
- Understand the benefit of a join filter
Create joins and enhance the metadata
- Review join relationships and insure proper aggregation
- Set data item properties
- Create a custom calculation
- Create a custom group
- Create navigation paths
- Clean data
- Create folders
Test the data module in reporting and dashboarding
- Try it
- Create a dashboard from a data module
Advanced data modeling
- Join multiple database tables
- Define row-level security
- Publish data modules and set permissions
Understand and create data sets
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.