Self-Service OLAP Data Exploration
Self-Service OLAP Data Exploration with IBM Cognos Analytics is a one-day, instructor-led, online course. Students will perform self-service authoring and analysis against multi-dimensional data such as Cubes and Dimensionally Modeled Relational (DMR) packages using Cognos Analytics (v11) authoring.
A fully interactive experience, our online classroom offers a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a subject matter expert. Participants get practice performing the skills and can ask questions of the instructor in real time.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Techniques learned in this course are relevant to all versions of Cognos Analytics 11.1.X. The core techniques learned in this course are also entirely relevant to the previous generation of Cognos BI 11.0.X and 10.x. Read details about similarities and differences between Cognos BI 10.x and Cognos Analytics 11.
Students receive a comprehensive set of learning materials, including all course notes and class examples.
Consumers of business intelligence information (business analysts)
- Explore data using drill, expand, nesting, stacking and other features
- Create and break sets
- Create advanced set definitions
- Sort and summarize data
- Review Cognos Analytics interface and navigation
- Highlight differences between Cognos BI 10 and Cognos Analytics
- Preview how to navigate the portal
- Preview how to create a new report
- Explore the data, toolbox and navigate areas
- Explore the properties pane
- Explore page views
- Explore the on-demand toolbars
- Create a basic report from OLAP package
- Analyze multidimensional data
- Create crosstabs and charts
- Work with dimensions, hierarchies, levels, sets and members
- Introduce data exploration features within Cognos Analytics
- Filter dimensional data using various techniques
- Create calculations
- Enhance reports with formatting and conditional styles
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.