This self-paced learning course is suited for learners just getting started or looking to understand what’s possible in Tableau. This course provides the foundational knowledge necessary to begin visualizing data with Tableau Desktop. Students will work through entry level examples as the instructor demonstrates on the video. Students will be provided an electronic copy of the course manual, data sets, and workbooks.
Learners already familiar with the basic functions and features of Tableau may want to consider our Tableau Intermediate course instead.
APPLICABLE TABLEAU VERSIONS
Hands-on learning exercises in this course will be completed on Tableau Desktop 2019; however, nearly all techniques are also relevant to all versions of Tableau Desktop 2018 and 10, except where noted throughout the course.
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
2-4 hours including time for hands-on learning exercises
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
Self-paced learning courses are available online 24/7. Included are a course manual that can be downloaded and kept for future reference; how-to documentation on accessing and navigating the CBT interface; supplemental files when applicable.
30-day subscription: $49
90-day subscription: $79
6-month subscription: $99
Cost is per person. Subscriptions may not be shared. The subscription begins the day after purchase.
Review the Tableau product line
- Understand the value of Tableau
- Review Tableau Desktop, Server, Viewer and Public
- Examine the Tableau Desktop user interface
- Introduction to Tableau Desktop
Create a simple worksheet
- Create views via drag and drop
- Use the Marks card to add detail
- Discuss formatting visualizations
- Enhance views with sorting and filtering
Introduction to calculated fields
- Create calculated fields
- Base calculations of formulas, fields and other calculations
Format visualizations for best practice presentation
- Use marks
- Explore various visualization types
Work with dates
- Compare discrete versus continuous dates
- Create views using different date types
Work with maps
- Display geographical results with map displays
- Customize maps
- Add sheets to a dashboard
- Customize dashboards with visualizations and other features
Put views together in a story
- Understand how stories can organize and present your results
Review publishing and sharing
- Understand how Tableau Server and Tableau Public can be used to share your results
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Student(s) will receive an email with details on how to access the online classroom approximately 1-2 business days after payment.
- The course materials are copyrighted and any reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
- Students will need access to a compatible Tableau Desktop environment with the standard sample data sources and packages deployed to complete the exercises.
- Students will need the appropriate permissions to access sources, packages, reports, data files and relevant capabilities in these environments.
Cancel any time within 24 hours of registration for a full refund. There is a $15 fee for cancellation after 24 hours of registration. No cancellation after 15 days. Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued.