In this self-paced course, students will learn how to combine, shape and clean their data for analysis using Tableau Prep. They will review the rationale for data cleansing, gain familiarity with the Prep interface and learn how to perform common tasks such as joins, unions, pivots and aggregations.
The course includes video how-to demos and practice drills.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Hands-on learning exercises in this course will be completed on Tableau Desktop 2019; however, nearly all techniques are also relevant to all versions of Tableau Desktop 2018 and 10, except where noted throughout the course.
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
- 24/7 access to the class
- Downloadable course manual that may be kept for future reference
- Documentation on how to access and navigate the e-learning interface
- Supplemental files and data sets, where applicable
30-day subscription: $99
90-day subscription: $129
6-month subscription: $149
Cost is per person. Subscriptions may not be shared. The subscription begins the day after purchase.
- Discuss data cleansing
- Introduce Tableau Prep and the interface
- Input data
- Clean data
- Group and replace information
- Review the profile pane
- Pivot data
- Aggregate data
- Create joins and unions
- Output the final results
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Student(s) will receive an email with details on how to access the online classroom approximately 1-2 business days after payment.
- The course materials are copyrighted and any reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
Students will need access to Tableau Desktop with the standard sample data sources and files to complete the exercises.
Cancel any time within 24 hours of registration for a full refund. There is a $15 fee for cancellation after 24 hours of registration. No cancellation after 15 days. Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued.