Overview, New Features & Business Authoring
IBM Cognos Analytics Overview, New Features and Business Authoring is a one-day, instructor-led, online course. Students will become proficient navigating and leveraging the valuable capabilities available in this new platform. The focus of this course is on the business analyst/casual user who needs to consume and interact with content, conduct self-service data discovery and author simple reports. We will work with data modules, dashboards and reports to create and analyze critical business information.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Techniques learned in this course are relevant to all versions of Cognos Analytics (v11). If you’re using Cognos BI 10, you’ll be interested in Self-Service Analytics for the Business User.
Consumers of business intelligence information (business analysts)
- Become Familiar with the IBM Cognos Analytics Interface
- Navigate content
- Consume and personalize existing reports
- Upload Personal Data
- Create Data Modules
- Blend data between local files and governed data packages
- Enhance data with calculations, custom groupings and navigation groups
- Create Dashboards
- Create List, Crosstab and Chart Reports
- Create filters
- Sort, group and summarize data
- Create calculations
- Format and Conditional Styles
- Perform Ad-Hoc Analysis Using Data Exploration Features
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- A full, hard copy set of course materials is shipped to each United States based student a few days prior to the start of class.
- *International students will receive electronic copies of the course guide in place of a hard copy. These students may print one hard copy of the guide for their own personal use during the course. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
For this course, attendees will need to connect to the demonstration environment via Remote Desktop. Instructions will be provided in the registration confirmation.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.