Authoring, Beginning & Intermediate
IBM Cognos Report Studio Beginning and Intermediate Authoring is a two-day, instructor-led, online course. Students will build fundamental authoring skills in IBM Cognos Report Studio by creating professional reports using lists, charts, crosstabs and maps. Critical techniques such as filters, prompts, calculations, exception highlighting, drill-through, formatting and advanced layout will be covered.
A fully interactive experience, our online classroom offers a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a subject matter expert. Participants get practice performing the skills and can ask questions of the instructor in real time.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Techniques learned in this course are relevant to all versions of IBM Cognos BI 10. If you’re using Cognos Analytics (v11) you’ll be interested in Professional Report Authoring in V11.
Students receive a comprehensive set of learning materials, including all course notes and class examples.
Report Authors: Individuals that design and develop corporate standard reports
- Explore Report Studio and create different report types
- Discuss crosstab terminology
- Create a crosstab report
- Nest and stack within a crosstab report
- Understand crosstab nodes and node members
- Understand when and how to use charts
- Examine charts containing peer and nested items
- Present data using new chart type options
- Include notes to add context to charts
- Present data spatially using map reports
- Discuss presenting data in a single dashboard report
- Create and format reports
- Navigate in the professional authoring mode
- Create a list report
- Format a list
- Group and sort a list report
- Define group spanning
- Add headers to a list report
- Add sections to a list
- Narrow the focus of reports by filtering data
- Define filters
- Create detail filters
- Create group filters
- Create Interactive Reports
- Create simple prompts using filtered parameters
- Examine prompt types
- Create prompt pages
- Handling no data
- Add value to reports using calculations
- Create query calculations
- Use conditional logic in expressions
- Create layout calculations
- Use functions in expressions
- Create singletons
- Enhance reports with advanced formatting and layout
- Link reports
- Create master detail reports
- Create drill-through reports
- Add and modify elements of query model (data items, aggregate properties, filters)
- Compare basic conditional formatting and advanced conditional formatting
- Examine conditionally formatted reports
- Create exception reports
- Author complex reports
- Create reports using the blank template
- Use tables and blocks
- Organize report layouts into bands of information
- Examine visual aids
- Add page headers and footer
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.