This expert-level course is a one-day, instructor-led, online course. Students will expand their authoring skills using advanced features of IBM Cognos Report Studio by building dynamic, interactive and complex reports. A high-level of student participation is anticipated in this course. The course follows a rigid set of learning objectives, challenging the audience to test their authoring potential; however, some of the learning activities will be ad-hoc.
A fully interactive experience, our online classroom offers a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a subject matter expert. Participants get practice performing the skills and can ask questions of the instructor in real time.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Techniques learned in this course are relevant to all versions of IBM Cognos BI 10. If you’re using Cognos Analytics (v11), you’ll be interested in Advanced Authoring in v11.
Students receive a comprehensive set of learning materials, including all course notes and class examples.
Expert-level report authors: individuals that design and develop corporate standard reports
- Use standard templates as a basis for complex reports
- Create layout component references to re-use objects
- Define reports to be used as templates
- Learn conditional object and page rendering
- Use a table of contents and bookmarks to consolidate reports
- Use conditional statements and parameters to interactively display data items, control sorting and more
- Use basic parameters to drive report layout and data behavior
- Examine prompt macros
- Restrict access to data based on user attributes
- Use layout component references to define report templates
- Use query macros to implement report-level security
- Create reports with advanced expressions
- Use query macros and session parameters
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.