Data Visualization & Dashboarding, Intermediate
Intermediate Data Visualization and Dashboarding with Tableau Desktop is designed for students who are self-taught and just knowledgeable enough to be dangerous or has attended the Senturus half-day fundamentals training class. This one-day course will deliver the knowledge necessary to truly enhance analytics capabilities and harness the power of the Tableau solution.
A fully interactive experience, our online classroom offers a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a subject matter expert. Participants get practice performing the skills and can ask questions of the instructor in real time.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Hands-on learning exercises in this course will be completed on Tableau Desktop 2019; however, nearly all techniques are also relevant to all versions of Tableau Desktop 2018 and 10, except where noted throughout the course.
Students receive a comprehensive set of learning materials, including all course notes and class examples.
Consumers of business analytics information and business analysts who have attended our half-day fundamentals course or have a self-taught knowledge of the fundamentals.
- Discuss aggregation
- Review and manage aggregation
- Create calculated fields
- Review the methods for creating calculations
- Work with the calculation editor and common syntax
- Create a complex calculation
- Use table calculations
- Filter with context filters
- Use the filter shelf
- Filter on dimensions
- Filter on measures
- Create context filters
- Make workbooks dynamic with parameters
- Use parameters to filter across sources
- Examine additional visualization types
- Packed Bubble
- Group data
- Create groups, sets, and bins of data
- Build a worksheet with multiple data sources
- Blend data in a workbook
- Join data sources
- Review when to use a data extract
- Understand available data sources
- Manage metadata
- Save our data source
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.