Tableau for Cognos UsersTraining Courses
The Tableau for Cognos Users classes help Cognos users more easily transition to Tableau. Students will learn similarities and differences with approach, terminology and functionality. Being able to relate new concepts in Tableau to Cognos, students gain proficiency in the new tool more quickly, experiencing the least amount of learning downtime and confusion.
TABLEAU FOR COGNOS USERS COURSES
Tableau Fundamentals for Cognos Users
This includes the same content as our standard Tableau Fundamentals course with the addition of related Cognos concepts.
Tableau Intermediate for Cognos Users
This includes the same content as our standard Tableau Intermediate course with the addition of related Cognos concepts.
SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TABLEAU AND COGNOS
In these classes, some of the similarities and differences we cover include
- Web-based tool vs. desktop installation
- Reports vs. visualizations
- Interactive data and static data
- Using custom SQL
- Drag-and-drop orientation
- Available functions for calculations
- Preferred data model (star schema, facts and dimensions)
- Raw data tables (Excel or database) vs. packaged meta data
- Auto aggregation and aggregate functions
- Cascading prompts vs. dashboard actions
- Determinants vs. aggregate dimensions, ATTR functions
- Directly exposed analytical functions
From public and private courses to self-paced learning and mentoring, Senturus offers many ways to take advantage of our Tableau training. See all our training options and corporate packages.