This self-paced learning course is ideal for new and existing Cognos Analytics install bases of business analytics and professional report authors. Current Cognos BI users will learn what has changed in Cognos Analytics (v11) and new users and authors will learn what is possible.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Exercises in this self-paced course are based on Cognos Analytics release 7 (11.0.7). There will be no significant user interface differences between this release and subsequent releases of CA 11.0 (through release 13). Students will be able to complete all exercises as scripted in any compatible release through v13.
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
6 – 8 hours
Certified ADA Section 508 compliant
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
Self-paced courses are available online 24/7. Included are a course manual that can be downloaded and kept for future reference; how-to documentation on accessing and navigating the CBT interface; supplemental files when applicable.
30-day access: $49
90-day access: $79
6-month access: $99
Cost is per person. Subscriptions may not be shared. Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued.
- Become familiar with the Cognos Analytics interface
- Overview of Cognos Analytics (v11) platform
- Navigate the new user interface
- Comparison of report authoring in Cognos BI 10 to Cognos Analytics
- Subscriptions, scheduling, report bursting
- Automate report delivery, subscriptions and bursting options
- Set personal preferences
- Use report outputs (HTML, Excel, PDF)
- Create report views
Report Authors: Fundamentals of Report Authoring
- Create a new report
- Create list, crosstab and visual reports
- Sort and group lists and crosstabs
- Focus reports using filters and prompts
- Use conditional formatting to highlight exceptional data
- Work with dimensionaly-modeled relational and dimensional data sources
Report Authors: Use Personal Data and Create Dashboards
- Upload data files to Cognos Analytics
- Customize dashboards
- Create a simple dashboard
- Format, filtered and customized dashboard objects
- Save and add the dashboard to team content
- Set the dashboard as the home page
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Student(s) will receive an email with details on how to access the online classroom approximately 1-2 business days after payment.
- The course materials are copyrighted and any reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
- Students will need access to a compatible Cognos Analytics environment with the standard sample data sources and packages deployed to complete the exercises.
- Students will need the appropriate permissions to access sources, packages, reports, data files and relevant capabilities in these environments.
Cancel any time within 24 hours of registration for a full refund. There is a $15 fee for cancellation after 24 hours of registration. No cancellation after 15 days.