This self-paced course is ideal for both new and existing Cognos users. New users will learn what is possible in Cognos and existing users will learn new features. Topics focus on using the Cognos interface and the fundamentals of report authoring such as calculations and how to use data to create customized dashboards.
The course includes video how-to demos and practice drills.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Cognos Analytics 11.0.x and 11.1.x
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
Certified ADA Section 508 compliant
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
- 24/7 access to the class
- Downloadable course manual that may be kept for future reference
- Documentation on how to access and navigate the e-learning interface
- Supplemental files and data sets, where applicable
30-day subscription: $99
90-day subscription: $129
6-month subscription: $149
Cost is per person. Subscriptions may not be shared. The subscription begins the day after purchase.
- Become familiar with the Cognos Analytics interface
- Overview of Cognos Analytics platform
- Navigate the new user interface
- Comparison of report authoring in Cognos BI 10 to Cognos Analytics
- Subscriptions, scheduling, report bursting
- Automate report delivery, subscriptions and bursting options
- Set personal preferences
- Use report outputs (HTML, Excel, PDF)
- Create report views
Report authors: fundamentals of report authoring
- Create a new report
- Create list, crosstab and visual reports
- Sort and group lists and crosstabs
- Focus reports using filters and prompts
- Use conditional formatting to highlight exceptional data
- Work with dimensionaly-modeled relational and dimensional data sources
Report authors: use personal data and create dashboards
- Upload data files to Cognos Analytics
- Customize dashboards
- Create a simple dashboard
- Format, filtered and customized dashboard objects
- Save and add the dashboard to team content
- Set the dashboard as the home page
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Student(s) will receive an email with details on how to access the online classroom approximately 1-2 business days after payment.
- The course materials are copyrighted and any reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
- Students will need access to a compatible Cognos Analytics environment with the standard sample data sources and packages deployed to complete the exercises.
- Students will need the appropriate permissions to access sources, packages, reports, data files and relevant capabilities in these environments.
Cancel any time within 24 hours of registration for a full refund. There is a $15 fee for cancellation after 24 hours of registration. No cancellation after 15 days. Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued.