This self-paced course introduces students to the science behind effective visualizations. Students are shown best practices they can apply to their own visualizations to make them more impactful and drive greater adoption and better business outcomes. The course delves into the practical application in analytics by explaining which charts are best suited to answering specific questions, and provides detailed examples of each.
The course includes video how-to demos and practice drills.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
The course is presented using Tableau; the concepts are applicable to any tool or technology.
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
- 24/7 access to the class
- Downloadable course manual that may be kept for future reference
- Documentation on how to access and navigate the e-learning interface
- Supplemental files and data sets, where applicable
30-day subscription: $49
90-day subscription: $79
6-month subscription: $99
Cost is per person. Subscriptions may not be shared. The subscription begins the day after purchase.
- Why use visualizations for data
- Visualization design principles
- Deciding which chart to use
- Interactive dashboard design
- Definition and concepts
- Understand your audience
- Dashboard design – best practices
- Dashboard examples – the good and the bad
- Additional resources
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Student(s) will receive an email with details on how to access the online classroom approximately 1-2 business days after payment.
- The course materials are copyrighted and any reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
- Students will need access to Tableau Desktop with the standard sample data sources and files to complete the exercises.
Cancel any time within 24 hours of registration for a full refund. There is a $15 fee for cancellation after 24 hours of registration. No cancellation after 15 days. Shared subscriptions will be immediately deactivated and no refund issued.