Cognos Analysis for Excel
Cognos Analytics for Excel (CAFE) training is designed to teach business users with MS Excel experience how to leverage the Cognos add-in for self-service reporting and analysis. In this course, students will combine queries of Cognos data with Excel features to create complex, presentation quality reports. It also covers customization options and sharing of CAFE content. Both Cognos BI (10.2.x) and TM1 (10.2 and higher) data sources are covered.
This is a fully interactive course. Participants will have practice performing the skills in our online classroom. The instructor is able to see each student's computer screen and offer guidance. A full set of course materials is included and hard copies sent prior to the class.
- Business users with MS Excel experience
- Cognos BI and TM1 developers who support business users
- Understand the CAFE add-in and how to launch it
- Learn differences in behavior and capabilities when querying different Cognos data sources and package types
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis using Explorations
- Create a crosstab from a Cognos BI source combined with Excel formats, a chart and page layout features
- Create a crosstab from a Cognos TM1 source combined with Excel formats, a chart and page layout features
- Develop highly formatted reports combining multiple BI data sources on a single Excel sheet (Cell-based)
- Develop highly formatted reports combining multiple TM1 data sources on a single Excel sheet (Flex Views)
- Learn how to share CAFE workbooks
- Customize CAFE settings and options
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- A full, hard copy set of course materials is shipped to each United States based student a few days prior to the start of class.
- *International students will receive electronic copies of the course guide in place of a hard copy. These students may print one hard copy of the guide for their own personal use during the course. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
For this course, attendees will need to connect to the demonstration environment via Remote Desktop. Instructions will be provided in the registration confirmation.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.