Data Visualization & Dashboarding, Fundamentals
Data Visualization and Dashboarding Fundamentals in Tableau is for students just getting started or looking to understand what’s possible in Tableau. With a minimal investment in time and expense, this course provides the foundational knowledge necessary to begin visualizing data with Tableau Desktop.
A fully interactive experience, our online classroom offers a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a subject matter expert. Participants get practice performing the skills and can ask questions of the instructor in real time.
APPLICABLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Hands-on learning exercises in this course will be completed on Tableau Desktop 2019; however, nearly all techniques are also relevant to all versions of Tableau Desktop 2018 and 10, except where noted throughout the course.
Students receive a comprehensive set of learning materials, including all course notes and class examples.
Business analysts who want to learn the fundamentals of data visualization and dashboard design with Tableau Desktop, no experience with Tableau Desktop required.
- Review the Tableau product line
- Understand the value of Tableau
- Review Tableau Desktop, Server, Viewer and Public
- Examine the Tableau Desktop user interface
- Introduction to Tableau Desktop
- Create a simple worksheet
- Create views via drag and drop
- Use the Marks card to add detail
- Discuss formatting visualizations
- Enhance views with sorting and filtering
- Introduction to calculated fields
- Create calculated fields
- Base calculations of formulas, fields and other calculations
- Format visualizations for best practice presentation
- Use Marks
- Explore various visualization types
- Work with dates
- Compare discrete versus continuous dates
- Create views using different date types
- Work with maps
- Display geographical results with map displays
- Customize maps
- Create dashboards
- Add sheets to a dashboard
- Customize dashboards with visualizations and other features
- Put views together in a story
- Understand how stories can organize and present your results
- Review publishing and sharing
- Understand how Tableau Server and Tableau Public can be used to share your results
- Senturus accepts payment by credit card, purchase order and invoice.
- Paying party will receive a payment confirmation email upon payment receipt.
- Each registered student will receive an email with the course confirmation and details on how to access the online classroom.
- Students will receive electronic copies of the course materials and may print one hard copy for their personal use. The course materials are copyrighted and any other reproduction or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited.
We recommend that all attendees have two displays (monitors) so they can see the training presentation and their hands-on class work simultaneously.
Audio for attendees is via VoIP and a PC Headset is highly recommended. Audio is also available via teleconference using a TOLL number.
Cancellations made ten or more calendar days prior to the first day of the course receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations made between five and nine calendar days prior to the first day of the course, receive a 50% refund.
Registrants will be charged 100% of the enrollment fee if a cancellation request is not received at least five calendar days prior to the first day of the course.